Thursday, October 2, 2014

Campaign funding (Donations) 1

I have not applied for nor would I accept any donations, support or endorsement from the Labour Council (or any union organization that has a relationship to any of the City`s employee`s unions).

I do not believe it is proper for an union to be taking funds that are involuntarily taken from their members (who have no choice of being a member) which should be only used to support workers on a legal job action.  To take that money to try to influence the voters choice of who will be their boss is inappropriate.  

We saw in the case of the recent teacher`s strike that the BCTF had drained their coffers so much trying to get the NDP elected that they did not have the funds to properly support their workers during a strike.  I think there is something wrong with that.  I will not participate that kind of activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment