Thursday, October 6, 2011

Why?

I watched the news of the death of Steve Jobs and read his words "Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become.  Everything else is secondary."  I decided in that moment that I was going to run for Mayor of the City of North Vancouver. 

Along with my inner voice, I have heard the voices of other residents dissatisfied with most of the recent large developments in our city.  I have heard citizens concerned about density transfers from locations where they could not be used.  I have heard many of my neighbours outraged at the radical amending of the Official Community Plan.

Steve Jobs also said "Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your inner voice".  I've been told that no one could ever beat Darryl Mussatto because he owns this town and I think the voters deserve the opportunity to cast a vote on more than one point of view concerning how our City will evolve.  I will do my best to provide voters with another option.


No comments:

Post a Comment